Seattle Snow and a Fresh Perspective


Mark, Zach, and Joe shoveling snow so we have some room to park. Thanks guys!


Giving some perspective...

I took a couple photos of Seattle snow when I was up north in December 2008. There was so much snow and it was just fun to look at it without having to drive in it everyday like everyone else was earlier in the week. I'm not sure how it happened but I managed to miss each "blizzard" on the way up and the way back. Whew, good thing! I really did not want to put on chains at the Mount Ashland summit at 5:30 in the morning. Thank goodness for snow plows that you can follow on a 6% grade when you have a trusty Toyota without 4-wheel drive :) Yay for front-wheel drive!

3 comments:

  1. the snow was so beautiful!!! the kids were very confused though, since we had told them that it doesn't snow that much in washington! so they came to the conclusion that we brought iowa snow with us this year! :)

    i'm glad you were able to make it back with no problems!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The perspective shots really sink it home... I heard there was a lot of snow, and your shots really demonstrate that! The lights look pretty cool in the snow like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to see you've joined the us cool bloggers! :)

    ReplyDelete